A2 Hosting has been around for many years and have always maintained good speeds and a solid reputation when it comes to web hosting. They offer various hosting packages are known for having some of the most competitive prices with some great speeds and uptimes (51% discount applied through link)
A2 Hosting touts itself as being faster than competing web hosting services. What’s more, they claim that with their exclusive, high-speed SwiftServer platform, you can get page load speeds up to 20X faster than other hosting companies.
But how good is A2 Hosting really? In this post, we’ll take a look at their performance, features, and plans.
Is A2 Hosting Fast?
Before getting into the details, let me answer the question that’s on everyone’s mind: is A2 hosting fast? The answer is, yes, yes they are. A2 Hosting ranked #3 in my web hosting testing and delivered great loading times and server response times.
If you’re looking for an affordable hosting option that will help you have a fast loading website, A2 Hosting could be a great solution.
A2 Hosting Plans – 4/5
A2 Hosting offers shared web hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and Reseller hosting plans. You can also register a domain name at the time of purchasing a hosting plan, but do note that the domain is not included for free, as with some other hosting companies.
A2 Hosting offers 3 shared hosting plans. Each of these plans comes with unlimited SSD storage space and bandwidth, free site migration, free SSL certificates, and security features such as virus scanning, site hardening, and hosting firewall. Each plan also includes website staging and one-click WordPress installs.
- Lite — the Lite plan allows you to host a single website and comes with 25 free email addresses. This plan is available for ₹299.53/month and you choose between monthly, yearly, 2-year and 3-year plans.
- Swift — this plan allows you to host unlimited number of websites and includes an unlimited number of email addresses. It also comes with free server rewind backups and a number of “growth features” which includes traffic spike protection. This plan starts at ₹374.50/month and you can choose between monthly, yearly, 2-year and 3-year plans.
- Turbo — the turbo plan offers the same features as the Swift plan but it comes with turbo hosting servers which are up to 20x times faster, A2 site accelerator, server-level cache, and more. The pricing for this plan starts at ₹711.89/month and allows you to choose between monthly, yearly, 2-year, and 3-year plans.
Overall, their plans are extremely affordable and include some nice addons however, those addons can also be a little confusing, not to mention the sheer amount of available plans can easily confuse complete beginners.
When it comes to VPS hosting plans, A2 Hosting offers unmanaged, managed, and core VPS plan. Here’s how the plans break down in terms of pricing and features.
- Unmanaged VPS — this plan is a great choice for developers or system administrators as it offers root access to the server and it allows you to choose your Linux OS. This plan offers 3 different packages with resources ranging from 20GB of SSD storage and up, 2TB of bandwidth transfer and up, and 512MB of RAM and up. Pricing starts at ₹382.53/month. You can choose between paying monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, yearly, 2-year, and 3-year plans.
- Managed VPS — this plan is a great choice for business owners and web designers who want to offload the technical side of server maintenance. The plan includes managed hardware and network, easy to use cPanel, 24/7/365 GuruCrew support, and full Host Guard management. This plan has 3 different packages with resources starting at 4GB of RAM, 75GB of storage space, and 2TB of bandwidth transfer. Pricing starts at ₹1912.26/month. You can choose between paying monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, yearly, and 2-year plans.
- Core VPS — this plan is a combination of managed and unmanaged plans. You get full root access as well as managed hardware and network, 24/7/365 GuruCrew support, and full Host Guard management. Like the other two VPS plans, this plan has 3 different packages with resources starting at 4GB of RAM, 75GB of storage space, and 2TB of bandwidth transfer. The pricing starts at ₹1912.26/month and you can choose between paying monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, yearly, and 2-year plans.
Their VPS plans are some of the cheapest on the market and are a good choice if you’re ready to move on from shared hosting but don’t want to deal with the hassle of full dedicated server.
A2 Hosting offers 4 different dedicated server hosting plans. Similarly to the VPS plans, you can choose between unmanaged, managed or a core dedicated server which is a combination of features of unmanaged and managed servers.
- Unmanaged Dedicated — the unmanaged dedicated server allows for full root access and a choice of operating system. It’s a fully customizable server great for developers. The resources start at 8GB of RAM and 10XTB bandwidth transfer. Pricing starts at ₹7619.32/month and you can pay monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, or yearly.
- Discounted SSD server — this plan is fully managed with SSD and comes with free cPanel. The resources start at 8GB of RAM and 10TB bandwidth transfer. Pricing starts at ₹9892.42/month and you can pay monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, or yearly.
- Managed Dedicated — this plan is another fully managed server with full Host Guard management. The resources start at 8GB of RAM and 10TB bandwidth transfer. Pricing starts at ₹10794.30/month and you can pay monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, or yearly.
- Core Dedicated — the last plan is a fully managed server with root access. Like the Managed Dedicated plan, the resources start from 8GB of RAM and 10TB bandwidth transfer. Pricing starts at ₹10794.30/month and you can pay monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, or yearly.
If you plan on selling your own hosting plans, A2 Hosting has you covered. You can choose between 4 different reseller hosting plans, each of which includes free domain reseller account, free WHM Control panel, free billing account, and other features that will make it easy to manage client sites. The plans differ in the amount of available storage and bandwidth space. Here’s the pricing breakdown:
- Bronze — this plan starts at ₹749.38/monthly and comes with 30GB of storage, 400GB of transfer, and free SSL certificates.
- Silver — this plan starts at ₹1049.28/month and includes 75GB of storage, 600GB of transfer, and free SSL certificates.
- Gold — the Gold plan starts at ₹1386.67/month and comes with 150GB of storage space and 1000GB of bandwidth transfer.
- Platinum — the Platinum plan starts at ₹2323.86/monthly and includes 200GB of storage and 2000GB of bandwidth transfer.
A2 Hosting Uptime
As far as uptime goes, A2 hosting had only 3 hours of downtime in my test. That means that over the course of 3 months, A2 hosting delivered 99.91% uptime which is on par with most other web hosting companies.
A2 Hosting Speed
As mentioned earlier, A2 Hosting claims to have fast loading times. Luckily, they live up to their promise. During my three-month test, A2 averaged around 2 seconds when it comes to page loading times.
Their servers are also pretty consistent so you won’t have any surprises there and run into a problem where your website loads slowly all of a sudden.
A2 Hosting Support – 4/5
When it comes to support options, A2 Hosting doesn’t disappoint. They have an extensive knowledge base which is neatly categorized into categories based on the different services associated with hosting. This includes DNS section, billing section, SSL section, and more.
You can also find links to contact different support departments and the support section features a search bar at the top which makes it easy to find what you’re looking for.
Their support includes phone, email, ticket, and live chat support that’s available 24/7/365. What’s more, their phone support is global and includes a list of phone numbers for specific countries or regions.
Final Thoughts – 4/5
A2 Hosting is a reliable company that’s been around since 2001 so they are definitely not new to the hosting arena. They offer affordable hosting plans with server response times and page load times averaging 2 seconds. On top of that, they have 24/7/365 support which includes global phone support, a wide range of hosting plans, and some of the cheapest VPS hosting packages.
The only downside I have found with A2 hosting is that they have a somewhat dated user interface which might be a little hard to navigate for beginners. Their addon options can be a little confusing as well. However, those two cons are easily overlooked when you take into consideration their affordable pricing and fast loading times.
All things considered, A2 Hosting is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable, fast, and reliable host.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter